Thursday 19 November 2015

Following Production Processes P3 (d)

In this section, I am going to talk about how did I use the equipment and how they helped me in filming. There are examples below which indicates why would I used that camera and lens, also how the angles helped me in filming. Since I am friend with the casts and they are Emma and Thomas. I asked them for helping me to film a story based on a couple. They have no problem about it because they are couples behind the scenes. After that, I told them about the action plan and schedule. Furthermore, I also researched for some other information about the genre of the music that I am going to present in my music video.

Music genre
The music track 'Fix you' is as a form of Post-Britpop/Alternative rock music from the band Coldplay. Post-Britpop is a sub-genre of British alternative rock, made up of bands that emerged from the late 1990s and early 2000s in the aftermath of Britpop, influenced by acts like Pulp, Oasis and Blur, however it is with less overtly British concerns in their lyrics and making more use of American rock influences, including post-grunge. In the other words, it is a kind of experimental music. 

Diary
Once I got this unit of making music video and needed to film by myself, I invited Thomas and Emma to become our casts for my music video filming. They are Year 13, this is their final year, they also like to have some memories to look back one day in the future. Since they were couples behind the scenes, it made them have no difficulties to act out any emotions that I wanted to have, furthermore they won't have any feeling in awkward, shy, or embarrass. We were also played with a group of friends behind the scenes, which meant that it was easy to contact them before one or two days, and followed the schedule that I've made before. Therefore, we filmed smoothly and they can helped me to film more footages if I told them not enough. During the filming, we laughed a lot and enjoyed the filming. Since Thomas loved to film with his own camera someday in his home country, he also improved about my filming skills, and taught me about the camera angles. We improved our relationships through this filming unit. 






At the end, I put the opacity of both footages into 40% and 60% to make a comparative effect of his smile between the first time they saw each other and a long time didn't see each other. I did the same thing to Emma's smile. 

This footage I put in the effect of Color Balance (HLS) and arrange the Saturation into -60ยบ. It makes the footage goes a bit darker, and it can makes the audiences think it feels more like memories. All of my memories put in Saturation lower. 


No comments:

Post a Comment